Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme is one of the best investment options available today.
It not only offers lucrative returns to the investor but is also a tax free
investment option. The most important thing about this scheme is that it has
a noble purpose associated with it. It was launched as a part of Beti Bachao Beti
Padhao initiative to promote welfare of women in India.
So now you know all about Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme. Here is a quick summary of the same:
1. Maximum of 2 accounts can be opened in public sector banks & post offices by the parents/legal guardian for 2 different girl children only (3 accounts in special case).
2. Minimum deposit of Rs. 1,000 & maximum deposit of Rs. 1,50,000 per year is allowed via cheque/DD/cash.
3. Penalty of Rs. 50 is levied if you miss to deposit the minimum amount.
4. Rate of interest is 8.6% p.a.
5. Maturity period is 21 years but premature withdrawal of 50% is allowed.
6. Interest income and amount received at the time of maturity are tax free.