Here is checklist of documents required for filing US taxes, which should be handy while filing your return.
If yes then you need to give the details of separation with your spouse or if you have married in the year then the details of your marriage and spouse. This is required to determine the correct tax liability when you are filing either jointly or separately.
Travel days for current year and preceding two years from the current (If client wants to file 2018 Tax Year Return):
1. Salary Income
2. Interest Income
3. Dividend Income
4. State refund if itemized deduction claimed in previous year
5. Sale of securities, bonds or any investment property (real estate property).
6. Rental income & expense records
7. Other pensions and annuities
8. Social Security Income
9. Lottery and gambling winnings and losses
10. Stock Option Information
11. Student Loan Interest
12. Tuition and Fees Deduction
13. Information related to IRA contribution
14. Health Saving Account
15. Information related to child and dependent care expense
16. Medical expenses
17. Real estate tax payment
18. Mortgage interest payment
19. Payment of personal property tax
20. Charitable contribution
21. Information related to any estimated tax payment and tax paid
22. Full copy of prior year US Tax return including carry over sheet if any
23. Details of foreign accounts like bank account, mutual fund account, fixed deposit (FBAR) (if total value of all this account is more than $10,000 you need to share the following information)
The above list of documents is an exhaustive list when you file US taxes and all the forms might not be applicable to all cases. H&R Block, India understands the nuances attached to US Tax filing and our experts make sure that you are safeguarded against any mistakes. We have a team of experts who can help you file your US taxes in time and accurately.