Income Tax Return FilingProcess
- Register & enter personal information
- Upload your Form 16, enter any other income
- Enter your deductions & answer some quick questions
Advantages of Filing Income Tax ReturnOnline with H&R Block
- Professionally handled Income Tax Return e-filing process
- Auto Form 16 extraction with our intuitive tool that reads and prefills your form fields automatically
- Post filing support if required
- Post filing, Account Page access, with details of your uploaded documents & past returns
- H&R Block’s global satisfaction and accuracy guarantees
- Best in industry proprietary and in-house built application portal
- Easy, hassle free, fast and user friendly application
- Tips and helpful hints to guide you in filling up your details
- 100% secure with encryption measures built in and an assurance about confidentiality of your personal information
“I filed my taxes in less than 10 minutes with H&R Block; it was truly a hassle-free experience. Chat and call support helped me file my taxes accurately.”
Moulika Likhadhari | Accenture (Team Lead)
“My biggest concern of keeping my tax documents secured was taken care of when I filed my taxes with H&R Block.”
Chandan Dey | TCS (Asso. Consultant)
Frequently Asked QuestionsDuring Tax Filing
Individuals with income from salary, house property and other sources can e-file their taxes using our DIY application. Form 16 from employer is a must for salaried individuals when you e-file your taxes through our application.
You do not need to worry about which ITR you need to file. As you fill in your details in the application, our system automatically picks the right ITR (1, 2 or 3) based on your specific tax situation.
Yes. Even if you have multiple Form 16s you can upload them in the application.
We strictly follow our internal global standards. All our applications are 128 bit Versign secured. Your data is 100% secure with encryption techniques built in and an assurance about confidentiality of your personal information. H&R Block is a registered e-Return Intermediary.
Yes, we do support you on call once you have paid the fees of Rs. 199 + taxes. The support is available for any queries that you face while e-Filing taxes through our application.
The year in which you earn income is called the Financial Year or FY. The year that follows is called the Assessment Year or AY. Your income is assessed to tax in the AY. Both FY and AY start from 1st April and end on 31st March. E.g. if the FY under consideration is 2017-18 then the AY for this would be 2018-19.
Do not worry, as our experts are here at your service. Please follow the below steps to avail our expert services.
a. Login to www.hrblock.in
b. Go to My Account and upload the notice in the “Got Notice?” section
c. An expert will contact you within 1 working day.
In case you haven’t yet received the ITR V attachment then please refer to our detailed guide on this topic. The step by step screen shots for your reference to download ITR V are available here.
Once you have e-Filed your income tax return you need to E-verify or physically verify your tax return. Our detailed guide on the topic of e-verification of returns will guide you through the process. Please click here to read the guide.