U.S. Expat Tax Filing in Ahmedabad by H&R Block

Prices start at:
  • For resident return +GST
  • For non-resident federal return +GST

Set up your appointment now

Already registered?

Set up your appointment now

Already registered?

Meet our Tax Experts in Ahmedabad

Ganesh Somvanshi

Tax Advisor Ganesh Somvanshi comes with an experience of 4 years. His core expertise is India taxes. He is passionate about listening to music and his life mantra is find happiness in the ordinary.

Rimal Ajmera

Tax Advisor Rimal Ajmera comes with an experience of 12 years. Her core expertise is in Dual taxation. She is passionate about her work and her life mantra is it never gets easier, you just get better.

U.S. Tax Filing Process

Create an Account

Our tax expert contacts you to understand the tax situation

Document Submission

A secure URL is shared for document submission and a fee is quoted

Review & Pay

You approve the tax summary and pay for your return

Return is Filed

Tax expert assists you in filing your return

H&R Block – The Largest Consumer Tax Services Company In India

6+ Lakh Taxes Filed

Happy clients are our brand ambassadors and our strength

Dedicated In-House Tax Experts

Highly trained in-house tax experts are the key to our No.1 position

500+ Corporate Partnerships

Our partnerships are a sign of our superior
customer service we offer

8.8/10 Client Satisfaction Score

Accuracy, best tax advice and hassle free
experience constitute our ratings

Registered e-Return Intermediary

A registered e-Return intermediary
with the government

Since 2012 in India

Empowering taxpayers and the way
people file taxes in India

What Our Customers Say

Ramesh Bambal
SPARC (Associate V.P)


I have been an H&R Block customer for last eight years. The staff is highly professional, knowledgeable and supportive, They have also done my international taxes accurately and worry-free. The H&R Block website is user-friendly and easy to navigate.
Vinod Kharwal
Dell (Director)


The experience has been great with personalized attention on detailing in computing and filing of returns.
Shashi Thadaka
U.S. Based MNC (Senior Management)


H&R Block’s services have been excellent and faultless. They have been handling my foreign tax returns for the last 8 years and I couldn’t be happier.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • April 18th – For residents and citizens residing in US.
  • June 15th – For citizens who are present outside US as on 15th of April get an automatic two- month extension to file their US tax returns and pay the taxes due.
  • October 15th – Who have filed the extension (Form 4868)
  • All U.S. citizens, Green card holders and Resident Aliens who meet the minimum income requirements or have taxes withheld by the U.S. Government are required to file a tax return regardless of where they live.
  • Any person who has performed services in the U.S or has income from U.S. sources or owns real estate in the U.S, will also need to file a return.

April 18th – Deadline to pay tax due.

Yes, you can certainly file your U.S. Tax Returns yourself. However, in our experience, first time filers often make an error choosing the right residency status, along with the right forms. Along with this, they don’t realize that Indian income also needs to be reported in certain cases, which can be adjusted later against Credits (deductions).
These errors can lead to underreporting of income which in turn can lead to punitive IRS action against such individual, especially if they intend to travel back to the U.S. for work in the future. Our tax experts can help filers understand these modalities and file the returns on their behalf.

  • To ensure you don’t face any visa issues returning to the U.S.
  • For claiming refund of Federal and State Income Tax withheld.
  • For getting admissions for children in U.S. colleges and universities.
  • For applying or surrendering the Green card and Citizenship.
  • For sponsoring citizenship for others.

FBAR or the Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts is required to be filed if two conditions are true –
1. You’re a U.S. taxpayer.
2. You own or control foreign bank and financial accounts with a combined value of over $10,000 at anytime during the year
This report covers a variety of foreign financial accounts – bank accounts, security accounts, retirement accounts etc.

FBAR goes along with the return. Once you file a federal extension you get an automatic extension for FBAR’s too.

© H&R Block (India) Private Limited. All Rights Reserved.